Monday, March 7, 2011

My Subculture

Many of us are part of our own sub cultures. Some based on race, ethnicity, interests, and hobbies. In shs there are many sub cultures that make up our one big shs culture. Many shs students are part of different sub cultures such as band, soccer, football, baseball, and many of our clubs that are offered. Together all these mini sub cultures make up one big culture which is shs. A sub culture i would relate myself to is italian-american. there are many mores, folkways, symbols, tabboos, language, and values that i have. A more that is in my life is family is the most important thing in my life and nothing comes between. A folkway is going to church every sunday, yes it is a religious purpose that we follow but i am not obliged to going. A symbol that relates to me and my family is the italian horn that i wear and the italian flag, showing pride. the language that is most commonly speaked in my family is italian. Values that me and my family follow are hard work and dedication and that family comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment